With any awareness month, showing support for the cause can take on so many forms. Here are just a few ways that you can help spread awareness and show solidarity for victims and survivors of sexual assault:
- Wear a teal ribbon throughout the month of April.
- Share social media posts and statistics regarding sexual assault.
- Donate to a local victim services agency.
- Participate in Denim Day on April 28th.
- Use the hashtag #SAAPM2021 to help posts be seen by more people.
- Sign up to volunteer with your local victim service provider.
If you want to find more ways to show your support, or want to learn more about how AVRC can assist victims and survivors of sexual assault, staff is available 24/7!
415 Colorado Avenue, La Junta, CO 81050
24-hour Hotline: (719) 384-7764
TTY: (719) 384-1938
After Hours Colorado Relay dial 711 or 1-800-659-2656
AVRC is non-discriminatory agency regarding age, race, religion, color, gender, country of national origin, sexual orientation, mental health status, substance use or economic condition.