Colorado Gives Day is December 8th, 2020.
In this 2020 giving season, knowing the best ways to show your support for community agencies can be a little tricky. Here are some ways you can show your support for the Arkansas Valley Resource Center (AVRC), as well as the victims and survivors of violent crime that we serve.
- First and foremost: DONATE! Whether it is your time as a volunteer, a monetary donation to the agency via check or AVRC’s Paypal, or items from AVRC’s Wishlist, every donation makes a difference!
- Like and Share AVRC’s Website and Facebook posts. Spreading the word about what we do and what we need helps us to reach more people who may be unaware of our services.
- Use the Colorado Gives Day hashtags as you post: #ColoradoGivesDay, #ColoradoGives, #GiveWhereYouLive.
- Encourage friends and family to the same!
- Share that you donated to your favorite social media platforms with these Colorado Gives Day Buttons!
Donations and community support are a crucial element of how AVRC is funded and operates. Both monetary and item donations assist AVRC in serving victims and survivors of violent crime in multiple ways. All donations help AVRC in seeking further grant funding, as we are a non-profit agency. Donations can also be directed specifically towards meeting victim’s and survivor’s needs. Item donations, such as food, clothing, and personal care items, are provided to victims to help them as they leave or recover from abusive situations. Monetary donations can be directed to specific uses and projects, such as The Blair House, at the donor’s request.
No matter how you choose to give or show your support, AVRC Staff and Volunteers appreciate you thinking of us and the victims and survivors of violent crime that we serve!
If you would like to make a donation to AVRC to assist victims and survivors of violent crime, or have any questions, AVRC Staff is available 24/7.
415 Colorado Avenue, La Junta, CO 81050
24 Hour Hotline: (719) 384-7764
TTY: (719) 384-1938
After Hours Colorado Relay dial 711 or 1-800-659-2656